Tuesday, August 05, 2008

suffer for beauty...

cyndi and i share our birthday month...august, so we celebrated early today by going to lunchand getting facials together. we got pumpkin facials, i'm used to them i guess but, if you're not it does sting and feel like your face is on fire a little (especially the first time)...but, in a good way. cyndi, i guess i should have warned you that this isn't the real relaxing/fall asleep, kind of facial. this esthitician means business! i'm kidding, i know you enjoyed it but it takes a little getting used to. isn't it funny...most guys would never put themselves through this, but i'm the type where if it doesn't feel like my face is gonna burn off, i'm not getting my $'s worth. am i weird, or does anyone else want the skin on their face to peel off too?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, wait...what? I think I have been gone too long. I really don't want my face to burn off. Really...what?

Shan said...

kristi...no, of course not, silly...i don't actually want my face to burn off. i just want it to feel like it's burning off cuz that means new, fresh, pretty skin will be waiting underneath. i hope this cleared things up a little, now i'm sure you'll understand. ;)

Anonymous said...

I did not know you were older than me? I should have been calling you grandma! :) H

Anonymous said...

Found you through Jacinda....you have a beautiful family!

Jacinda said...

I think I've only had a facial once, loved it, but i don't remember any burning. But i do believe in pain for beauty! I got my brows waxed and my hair done today. My favorite kind of day!

Anonymous said...

thanks for a fabulous day.....the things we women do.....sigh!!! And I can actually say that I think that pumpkin thing actual worked....for this old face...I'm gonna have to go back and burn my face off in a few weeks......and you know.....i love your face!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I'm H. and I work in a company interested in blog advertising. I found your blog engaging and I'm contacting you to ask if you are interested in blog post sponsorship.

If you are interested, kindly mail back (k5ino@bigstring.com) and I'll send you pricing details, guidelines and processes. Looking forward to doing business with you.

Sincerely,

H.