Tuesday, August 12, 2008

one of many...

okay...so, my birthday's tomorrow (i'll be 32!) & i have to say that derek's really spoiled me this year. we've spent way too much money the last couple of months, but the last thing i really wanted was a bike. my bike got stolen a few years ago & i've been "bike-less" ever since. so, after we dropped kaia off at VBS tonight, we went bike shopping...first we stopped at this bike shop where they started at like $300, which isn't bad, but i don't think i'd ride it enough to want to spend that on a bike. here's one of the bikes i test drove (no, we didn't get this one but leia loved it!) if we lived in hawaii or some small town, i'd get it. anyways, then we headed over to target...
if you look close, you can see what we spent on my bike (look at the top line of the receipt). if you can read it, it says: mountain bike $59.99. can you believe it...i got a decent bike for $60! derek wanted to get me a nicer one, but being the bargain shopper that i am, this one works for me (especially since i doubt i'll ride it that much once it gets cold outside).
(i would have a pic of my new bike, but our camera died...later).
thanks babe!

1 comment:

cristine said...

I love it! :) Im glad you bought this one and not the 1990s teal one that you emailed me about!