Monday, December 22, 2008

after all...it IS winter!


i know it's supposed to always be hot & sunny here in california...even in the winter. and, it's been raining a little which i love. no, i wouldn't want it to rain all the time & i wouldn't want to move to a place like Seattle...that's too much rain. but, it's been so nice actually feeling like we're having a little change in seasons. i think it's kinda funny how all i hear on the news every time they talk about the weather here and the word rain comes up...they use the phrase "bad weather". i know, there are a lot of flights canceled in alot of places & i really do feel bad for all the people who aren't gonna be able to spend Christmas with their loved ones...that sucks. but, as far as us "SoCal-ers"...really we don't have anything to complain about when it comes to the weather. my dad (a.k.a Texas Papa) would beg to differ, i'm sure. he's coming in town tomorrow to spend the week with us for Christmas & he'd be more than happy if it was 80* the entire time. so, how many of you like it to actually feel like winter in the winter & how many of you like summer weather all year 'round? (btw...i definitely AM more of a hot weather person, but not during like nov.-jan).
p.s.~i'm sure that pic above is not one that was takes in cali., i just liked it. :)
Merry Christmas to everyone (if i don't blog again before Christmas) !!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you, too!

Joanna said...

That pic is beautiful! I love it.
And I LOVE the "bad weather." Always have...we hope and pray for storms all the time!

Heather said...

I LOVE that picture. I think it might be Central Park. As for me, I am a cold weather person. I'd be happy with one month of sun a year. I would LOVE to move to a place like Seattle. I'm dreaming of it!

nicole aka gidget said...

beautiful photo! Merry Christmas to you too!

abc said...

merry christmas (a day late)