Thursday, January 15, 2009

comments of the day #11 and #12:

the girls said both of these funny things on the way home from picking kaia up from school today (each of them said one). let me preface the first one with this...(i might be embarrassed later that i admitted this...probably not). okay, here's my confession...we have a little potty in the car that we put there for emergencies just incase kaia or leia have to go potty and we're not anywhere near one. well, i have to say that i've been getting use out of it than them lately. i have a really small bladder, and one day a few weeks ago i thought i was gonna pee in my pants cuz we were nowhere near a potty, so it was either gonna "borrow" their potty or things weren't gonna be pretty.
so, that brings us to today...we went to target and while we were in line to pay, i started to have the "i have to pee" feeling, so i thought "we're leaving so i can hold it until we get home" (forgetting that i told the girls that we'd pick up a pizza on the way home). so, i got the girls in their carseats & climb to the back of the car (thankfully, we have a SUV with a third row) and tell the girls, "i'm sorry i'm doing this again, but i really have to pee". the next thing i hear is, kaia say, "hey, mama you pee a lot and daddy poops a lot!!!" she was so proud of herself that she came to that conclusion! (sorry, babe)...i didn't clear this with derek first...oops. :)

then, we pick up the pizza and leia wanted to eat a piece while we drove home, so i was getting her one & then i ask kaia if she wants one and she says "no"...then, leia tells her, "but, remember you wanted a piece "yester-time" (she says that instead of "yesterday" or "the other time" & i think it's adorable).

okay, please after reading that "confession"...can we still be friends? ;)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love your honesty! That is so funny. Kids are so cute :) And about the pee...are you sure that isn't PREGNANT PEE??!! Just checking :)

Joanna said...

Oh that is hilarious! And I have to tell you you're not the only one. When I visited my friend in Oregon last year, she totally did the exact same thing. I laughed because I had never even thought of doing that, but it makes so much sense - who wants to drag two kids into some disgusto public restroom when you can just climb in the back of your car? The funny thing was that she had to drive carefully on the way home so it wouldn't "slosh around..." Oh the things we do. :)

Shan said...

hi kaley~ i'm pretty sure. ;)
and
hey joanna~ this might be gross, but if i'm near grass or plants, i usually pour it out (whether it's me or the kids), but i have had to do the "careful driving" once.

barnettblend said...

Oh my goodness.. that's the best story I've heard in a while.. I don't think I could do that though. :)

Anonymous said...

No, Shannon. We just broke up again. Dang it.

Heather said...

I love that you pee in the girls' little potty and then pour it out. That's priceless!
I saw your comment about us being the same age. That's funny!

Vanessa said...

Oh, this really made me laugh! Thanks for sharing.

HeatherC said...

Ha! Im impressed... my behind wouldnt fit that little thing even if i wanted to use it!