Saturday, January 24, 2009

2 LINES.

yes, i'm talking about those lines (as you'll see in the pic above if you look closely). i wasn't gonna blog about this yet, but then i thought it'd be neat to look back at if i blogged about it on the day we found out. so, yes, we're expecting baby #3 in early october (or, if he/she is early like the girls were, maybe late september).
the plan was for me to take the test this morning (at a normal time), but then leia came crawling in bed with us at 2:30 in the morn. & i had to pee SOOO bad, so out came the "stick". after i did the deed, i set it on the bathroom counter so derek could come read the results and as i did i kinda glanced down at it and thought i mighta' seen 2 lines starting to appear, but then i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. my heart started pounding. so, i lay back down (by that time, kaia had gotten into the bed with us too...yes, the entire family was awake and in bed together at 2:30 in the a.m.)...anyways, i tell derek, "babe, i know it's only been like 30 seconds, but i think i saw 2 lines already"...his eyes went from closed to opened real quick. :) so, after a couple more minutes, he goes in there to look at it, and i could tell by the look on his face that it was positive. crazy. even though we've been trying for a few months, that initial shock/surreal feeling hit us.
anyways, we're all very excited and can't wait to meet this new little one.
anyone want to take a guess as to what the baby's gender will be (i'm assuming we'll find out sometime in June)?

19 comments:

bennett baby blog said...

i am so happy to have a new neice or nephew on the way! my money's on a boy, but we'd all welcome a baby girl too, of course!congratulations, you guys. we love you very, very much. :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

your half-way there to catching up with me.....love you guys....so excited for you....and I'm believing for that son:)

Anonymous said...

HURRAY! I love stories like that. I was in Allen Party supply when I took the test for sohaila. I was alone and freaking out! :) SO FUN! Congrats. H

Anonymous said...

Oh Shannon!!!! Yay! We are so so so happy for you both! Congratulations and I will start praying for you immediately! I didn't even know you were trying...but I always think it is funny to say that because, well. You know why. Anyways...Yay!

Heather said...

Oh WOW! Congratulations! That is sooooo exciting!

HeatherC said...

I'm so thrilled for you guys! Congrats and hugs!

Unknown said...

Yay! So happy.

MEGAN said...

YAY!!!!!! I was hoping there would be a 3rd child coming for you guys! Your girls are TOO CUTE to not have another. Congratulations!

Joanna said...

WOW!!! Congratulations! That is so wonderful! I'm excited for you guys and can't wait to follow the baby-journey through your blog! :)

abc said...

that's awesomeeeeeeeeee.
(:
congrats.
i am happy for your whole family.

Jessica said...

Yay! I will have to see the baby on the internet.I wished we could have hung out more on Saturday, but we were so happy you guys could make it!

Vanessa said...

Congratulations! That is super exciting. :)

barnettblend said...

Congratulations!!! :) That was a cute story and one you'll want to remember so good thing you blogged it.:)

Jenn said...

congratulations!

Sarah said...

congrads to you!! i think you will have a boy! your family is adorable!

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping for another girl so that Derek will be completely outnumbered. Congratulations!

nicole aka gidget said...

yay! so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! Shan, I'm so excited for you and your family! How cute! You guys know how to make really adorable babies, that's for sure! Congrats!! :)

cristine said...

Thanks for your email! I am so so excited for another Paulo baby to love on!! :) Lets do a date soon ok?