Friday, November 10, 2006

Nothing like a good car ride



As we got in the car today to go to lunch & run some errands i realized how good it felt to just be in the car. in the front seat by my self and the girls in the back, strapped in safely to their car seats where they could see eachother (out of arms reach) & i didn't have to worry about kaia giving leia a little bit too much "love". i could just drive and after kaia & leia listened to their "veggie tales" cd for a while, i finally got my turn...so, dr. laura it was. ahhhh, this is nice, i thought...i wished they had more drive thru's for times like these (& i don't mean only for food), like for all the errands i had to do. it's also nice if i want to talk on the phone (with a free hand) or having a snack without sharing EVERY TIME. don't get me wrong, i LOVE my girls, but when you have an almost three year old that has A LOT of energy and LOVES to talk a lot, and a five month old that LOVES to be held ALL OF THE TIME (which i LOVE to do, but realized it's very different than it is with baby #1...not as much one-on-one time availavle :( ), sometimes a ride in the car is very nice. Also, sometimes, if i'm lucky, it helps initiate nap time...yes! i probably sound like a "ba-humbug" kind of mom, i'm not...but sometimes you just need a break. i know, one day i will look back and really miss those days where i finally get leia to sleep and kaia wakes her up (it's not hard to do when you have a tiny condo and the girls share a room), or when kaia's toys are ALL over the house, or when Kaia wants to help me do everything or when leia wants to be in my arms all of the time...and i realize that. i cherish all my time with them, but i also enjoy the occassional joy ride. anyone relating?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh everytime I read your blog. We need to be friends! I think we need to go into business for drive thru shopping! An all purpose store drive through, milk, bread, or what about a drive up store where you order online and then you have a time where you just go and park and they will come and bring it to your car. We need to talk to target about this, target, walmart and Costco or Vons. THis is a novel idea! So seriously lets all do dinner. What days are good for you guys?

pearmama said...

I know all is well in the world when all my kids are strapped into their carseats. My husband and I have to make an 80 mile drive one way to pick up my stepson...that is the one place we are able to have meaningful conversations because the kids are strapped down in the back, usually knocked out asleep. We fantasize about having a glass partition that comes up behind our seats and blocks out all noise from the back of the van.

It was nice meeting you on Sunday!