Monday, November 24, 2008

i had to brag...


i decided to start my Christmas shopping yesterday and, yes...i am an expert bargain shopper (if i do say so myself :), but even i was extra impressed at the deal i got yesterday at old navy. i brought all my stuff to the register & i wanted to know if that bikini (for kaia) had it's final sale price on it, which was like $8...so the girl scans it for me and she says, "it's 99 cents"...i'm not kidding...i got chills! she proceeds to explain that ALL girls clothing is 1/2 off the clearance price and the clearance tag hadn't been updated. WHAT!!! anyways, to sum it up, the bikini & the 2 pairs of shorts (which i got big enough sizes that they'll still fit her next summer were ALL $0.99...the only thing that was over $3 was that blue striped dress (which was like $6.50)...my total came out to $22! when i showed derek all the deals i got, he said, "you have to blog about this". so, here you go! i don't know if that sale is still going on, but if it is...you all should go take advantage of it....SO exciting!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kind of thing excites me too! Gotta love an awesome deal!

Anonymous said...

I am excited for you!!! Those clothes are way cute. I heart that $6 dress too. You rock. So the last team left a couple bags (like the plastic shopping bags the clothes come in) for some reason and I was cleaning and found them the other day bla bla one was an OLD NAVY bag and I was SOOOOO Excited. I love it. Yay for random things.

abc said...

how exciting! i am impressed.
can i barrow those blue shorts?
i wish they were my size. they are really cute. hahah!

your christmas family night looks like a lot of fun. :D
i loved the "lukewarm hot chocolate" it made me chuckle reading it.

hope you're doing well,
eryn

kellieacosta said...

yeah well you should see the bargains i can get out here......(so what if the bargains are on mumus and local slippa's, the price is the point, right?)

cristine said...

I'm quite impressed! Great work Shan! I bought my brother jeans today for only $10! Granted, this is after the 50% discount and a $10 off coupon. I was excited

barnettblend said...

I love how you said you got chills. :) I get that way too. Gotta love a deal.

Vanessa said...

You gotta love Old Navy! I was just there this weekend buying some gifts and was able to get their cute baby pj's for only $1.00 - I've got chills, they're multiplying! :)

MEGAN said...

WOWee Good for you!!!