Friday, February 01, 2008

What have i done?!?

i have a confession...i really like listening to Enrique Iglesias. i know, i'm not a junior high girl that should like his music...but, i do. it all started a few weeks ago when we were up late watching t.v., channel surfing & his concert was on. i knew some of his songs before seeing that concert, but there were a few that i hadn't ever heard that i liked a lot. anyways, to make a long story short...we were at Target a few days later & what do you know...there was his c.d. & it was on sale. so, i got it. i thought the second the girls heard it in the car they would start complaining & ask me to put their veggie tales c.d. back on...but, they LOVE his c.d. too! like a lot! there are a few songs that aren't for kids (for example: the song called "Push"...and NO, it's not a song he wrote to help you while in labor! :), i know, that was cheesy!)...so, i have to remember to skip to a "safe" one. in fact if the c.d. ends and their veggie tales one starts up, they (really only kaia) says, "no, mama, i want "eriqe-englasees" on (actually, leia will whine and point to the c.d. player too, like she's saying "change it") . what a great mom i am...thanks to me, my 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old like this music that i'm sure they shouldn't like yet. anyone else's kids like your music that they're really too young for?

p.s.~ there will be a video to proove how much my girls like enrique...coming soon (it's pretty funny!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

max really likes ll cool j.

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for praying for my friend's son, Daniel. He is out of surgery now - check my blog for updates.

www.actionsspeakloudest.blogspot.com

cristine said...

I cant wait for the video! :) Im sad I dont get to hang out with the girls tonight!

barnettblend said...

I love that picture - I've had a HUGE crush on him for a while now... I know it's sad - but he is so hot. :)

HeatherC said...

HA! My kids know the words to every Jack Johnson song ever made thanks to me and thanks to Jeremy they know their fair share of Red Hot Chili Peppers too!

Shan said...

hi heather, my girls know every jack johnson song too...but right now, they'd rather hear enrique over jack!

Jacinda said...

Kiara knows the words to Fergilicious. I don't think my mom was too proud. But hey, it's a fun song and Kiara sounds so cute singing it. Brian and I just crack up!