Sunday, October 29, 2006

Don't think I'm weird, but...

When Derek and I were first dating, I used to tell him, "Don't think I'm weird, but..." (and then I'd say/ask him something probably really weird, but he always seemed to be amused by whatever came next). Anyways, I thought I'd just fill you guys in with a few tid bits of info. about me (whether you wanted to know these or not)...here I go with some quirky, random "Shannon-isms", probably saying too much again...oh well:
1. I have a habit (i guess it could be good or bad) of eaves dropping. We'll be out eating or shopping, or anywhere & I'll get so into what someone next to us is saying that I'll tell Derek, "Wait, hold on", until I get all the "scoop".
2. I feel really special when I'm shopping & I get the "last one" of something, I feel like it was meant for me to have & get really happy.
3. I HATE cilantro so much & Chipotle is one of my favorite places to eat. Even though everything that I eat there has tons of cilantro in it, I just disect my food as I eat.
4. Derek and I noticed that I smell almost everything I eat before I eat it, it's not an OCD thing, I just love to smell my food.

5. This one's REALLY weird (okay, I warned you). Whenever I go shopping (not grocery shopping, but for clothes or something fun), I always have a sudden urge to, hmmm, how shall I put this, have a sudden need to RUSH to the bathroom (#2)...I know, even in a public restroom. No, I don't sit, I hover...good thing I joined the gym a couple of months ago & squats are part of my workout. I don't know why this happens...my only guess is that it's an "excitement reaction". I know, I'm weird.
6. One more...when I look at the top of Leia's head (Kaia's too when her hair was shorter), it almost makes me want to cry at times when I see her little "cowlick/swirly-thing, where her hair starts"...I know, that's not the medical name for it. I'm not sure what it's called, but I just love it. I guess I just reminds me that God knows every hair that is on our head...here's a pic:

Okay, that's enough quirkiness for one night. Does anyone else have any weird stuff similar to mine? try to top those!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes,....you are weird shannon. but, i am glad to see that you have found yourself and outlet for all of these weird things that you do. i am only worried that you may not find the support that you wished for!

(just playing...you are fun and probably just a bit -only a bit- abnormal!)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up. The #2 story is hilarious. I think carlos is weird because he just goes #2 where ever but your a girl, plus you hover. Oh, that is great! And the cilantro thing, wow we are opposite add cilantro to something and I love it! Hmmm. Lets have dinner together and we can order a pizza.

Shan said...

heather~ i know, it's like going shopping is like a nautral laxative for me. :)
anyways...we'd love to have pizza (or whatever) with you guys sometime!

Butterfly Kisses said...

i loooooove cilantro...i too smell my food...some things about me...i hate spiders...i own a cool guitar that i don't know how to play...i love to sing...i wish i owned a mustang...i love hands and feet. adios,
di

Amy said...

Shannon - I truly thought I was the only one who had the rush-to-the-bathroom when shopping thing going on!! It is fun to see pics of your family :).

Shan said...

dianne and amy~ yeah!!! i'm not the only weird one after all...i'm so glad i'm not the only compulsive "food-smeller" and "store-pooper". finally the support i was lookin' for.
thanks girls! :)