Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Boob's are smart!


I know that this is a "family blog", but I'm kinda weird & not very good at not saying what I'm thinking...just to let you all know, don't be surprised if some of my posts are kinda "unique" now and then (hence the title of this entry). ;)
Mabye part of my excuse for my random thoughts is from breastfeeding hormones on top of the fact that i'm exhausted...okay, now that i've warned you all...speaking of breastfeeding, as I was watching Leia as she nursed/slept tonight, I was extra amazed at the fact that boobs just know when the baby's mouth is still attached to it even if they just fell asleep eating & not even trying to eat anymore (sorry about the run-on sentence). For all of you that haven't ever nursed a baby, this probably sounds very weird and mabye boring. Anyways, I just told Derek, "If I was just walking around the house, my boobs wouldn't be squirting milk out every ten minutes, but since Leia is attached to me, they just seem to"know" that she might not be full yet"...amazing.
Okay, i think i'm done talking about boobs (for now). Let's see, i've said the word "boob" or "breast" seven times in this entry, that's enough i think.
Mabye I should get some sleep before I say something else I probably shouldn't have typed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never nursed a baby, but I have tried a breast pump on once.
ouch.
Los