Tuesday, March 23, 2010

what a day!

our day started off taking the girls to school... leia and i dropped kaia off and then headed to her pre-school where they had snow blown into the sandbox (like they do every year around this time) & then as if that wasn't enough excitement, we found out that the chicken eggs in her classroom hatched early this morning...so, she got to see some newborn chicks. so cute! leia's SUCH an animal lover that, i'm not kidding, she could have stood next to that cage the chicks were in & watched them all day. her teacher told them that they might be able to hold them on thursday. she's gonna be in 7th heaven!
here's leia standing by the snow...the weather's been so nice here, the snow's probably not gonna last long!
and here's leia next to those adorable babies...
then, we got the call from the escrow company telling us that our closing escrow papers are ready to sign...so we got kaia out of school a little early and all 5 of us drove down to temecula to sign the papers...that was an experience! ha! :) so, we're almost at the end of this almost 10 month long house buying process! we should officially close on the house by thursday & the best part is...we don't have to move since we're buying the house we've been renting for the last 1 1/2 years. hey, when we moved into this house i told derek we're never moving again...i didn't think that was true though! well, i'm sure this won't be the last house we ever live in, but we won't be moving for a LONG time! whew!

4 comments:

MEGAN said...

I love her glasses! I remember having chicks in school, I always wanted to take one home...come to think of it, I've asked Ian if we could have a chicken or a goat.
We had the craziest snow storm last night!

Sarah said...

Your girls are super cute! Seriously. And I have to ask where you live... email me if you don't wanna say on this blog onosarah@yahoo.com. Reason I am asking is we are moving to the San Clemente area sometime in the summer.. I may want to email you questions if that's anywhere near you. Thanks!! Sorry you don't know me I promise I am not a weirdo! ;)

barnettblend said...

Congrats on the house! And I agree.. her glasses are too cute! ;)

nicole aka gidget said...

wow! that is so neat, buying the house you rent! definitely the way to go!