Friday, September 11, 2009

my baby...i mean "big girl".

4 more days for leia...pre-school, that is. she got to meet her VERY sweet teacher, mrs. wilson today. derek and i met her last night at the parent orientation and we already love her. you should have seen leia checking out her classroom, she was like a little tazmanian devil zippin' around that room! she's gonna have a great year!
i know i got a little carried away with all the pics on here, but she's only gonna the baby (don't let her know i called her that) for a few more days/weeks.
she's so funny...she hasn't really been bringing her little dog around with her the last few months, but the last couple of days, she's been wanting to bring him places with us. well, today when we got to her school, when we got out of the car she left him there. then, on the way into the school, she saw another little girl with her little stuffed animal dog, so leia says, "hey, i wanna bring my dog like that girl has her dog"...so, daddy went back to the car and got "bubba" for her. ahhh, my baby.

oh, something else that i thought was SO cute...we've been telling her that her school's starting soon, but i guess she didn't put 2-and-2-together that she's going to kaia's old school (which she LOVED)...so, as we were walking up the ramp from the parking lot, she says (with SUCH excitement), "i didn't know i was going to this school!!!" oh, i love her.
here's leia and her teacher...
leia's 1st cubby EVER!
and, she's off!


please ignore my roots...

check out that girl:boy ratio...Lord, help us. (j/k)



i know she's gonna seem SO much older when the baby's here, please don't grow up too fast, my love.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

The swing pic and the last one are gorgeous! She's so tiny she could almost fit in her cubby!

cristine said...

Shannon I miss you guys! And to think I first met her when she was barely walking! Have so much fun Leia! :)

Julie (Singapore) said...

Oh my! This post made me teary coz my daughter will be in nursery (that's what we call it here) next year! This year, she just goes to a weekly 3 hr playgroup... Hey I like the way they personalised the cubby! Over here, everything is shared with no name written for them.

BTW, all the best to you Shannon! (in case I didn't get to read your blog on time!) Is there anything that you would like to have from Singapore? :)

Julie

Shan said...

hi julie! thanks for asking...but, i have NO idea what kinda cool stuff there is in singapore that i'd want? i'm clueless, any ideas?
thanks~s

bennett baby blog said...

I'm so excited for you, Lei Lei! You're gonna have so much fun in school! I love you!!!